What to Expect at Your Consultation
Our initial consultation will give you or you and your child the opportunity to meet our team, get to know Dr. Shaver, learn more about orthodontics, receive a comprehensive exam and determine your or your child's orthodontic needs.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During this initial 60- to 90-minute complimentary consultation, we will:
- Review your completed medical history form and insurance form.
- Take diagnostic records and complete a comprehensive exam.
- Create a customized treatment plan, including length of treatment.
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options and payment plans.
- Answer any questions you or your child may have about the proposed treatment.
If orthodontic treatment is not necessary for your child at this time, he or she will be placed on a six- or twelve-month recall interval for Dr. Shaver to monitor your child's developing teeth and jaws until your child is ready for treatment. These growth and observation appointments are free of charge.
Types of Orthodontic X-rays
At your initial consultation, we will take a series of two x-rays which are different than x-rays done by your general dentist.
- Panoramic X-ray: provides an entire view of the upper and lower teeth, root, jaw bone, jaw joint and allows evaluation of the number of baby, extra and/or missing teeth.
- Cephalometric x-ray: provides a view of the jaw and front teeth and is used as a baseline to monitor growth in recall patients
Unlike x-rays of the past, today’s high tech x-ray machines produce an insignificant amount of radiation. The radiation exposure of one modern x-ray is similar to simply walking out in the sunlight.
NEW PATIENT FORMS
Dr. Shaver does a great job!
A positive experience!
Nice and friendly staff!
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Open for emergency visits and limited appointment types